Published a tweet and didn’t get more Twitter followers or a retweet?
SEO and Social Media = (Full advantage). One of the main keys to get more Twitter followers and retweets is the quality of your content. While we have to accept that the level of SEO is not well leveled on this blog we also have to admit that Twitter is the main source of traffic for this blog as well. Almost 75% of the visits we get come from Twitter. If you work with dedication and passion you will have thousands of followers following you, multiplying the average of your visits through a single tweet. Even so, quality content does not ensure that you get many visits from a tweet if you don’t get a high CTR on Twitter.
70% Of the success of a promoted post by Twitter is in the title..
Why are the titles so critical? We all know that no one has the time to read blogs anymore, people usually read the most important things through RSS and tweets on Twitter are very similar. A high percentage of tweets are only read after their retweeted and sometimes their not even read. You are in a big competition in the rest of the timeline and your task is to draw attention. The trick is to create retweetable tweets:
1. Try limiting your ‘tweets’ to 115-120 characters leaving space so other followers can add e.g. “good post RT @yourusername ~tweet~”. In other words try leaving some space in your tweets so that others, that like your content, can include their own comments.
2. Invest time in creating a memorable title. The secret is to create urgency, make comparisons, and use lists like (“The Best 10 Books To Read! … 5 Places Where You Can Buy Twitter Followers and Facebook Fans “) for example..
3. The first two words are key to get a click on your tweet and score a good CTR on Twitter. According to Nielsen Usability Studies our perception is limited to the first 2 words when we analyze texts.
4. Another easy way to get more Twitter followers and retweets when you publish a tweet is by simply asking for a RT. Retweets are an easy way to significantly increase the number of your mentions. But have in mind that you should only ask for a RT: only in exceptional cases (e.g. When you need help with something important) Why? because people will start ignoring you if you keep on spamming and asking for retweets.
5. If you didn’t get a high CTR on your last tweet, play with the titles and do various changes to it if you realize that your tweet is ignored. It’s always worth making any changes 30 minutes after tweeting, if you see that there are no clicks to the post. Once modified, go ahead and test launch for the second time.
Take advantage of the Twitter “prime time” for your most important tweets!
Although there are Twitter addicts present on the 140 character micro-blog since they get off the bed till they go back to it, there are better and worse times to publish your tweet. There are a number of applications to find out the best time to tweet for individual niches. I don’t use them because I already know what’s the best time to tweet:
1. Tweet between 11pm-12am at night. Most of us are on Twitter when we have finished dinner and sit in front of the tv to relax. For U.S.A the peak activity starts around 10:30pm.
2. The second best time to publish new tweets is around 11am in the morning. The generator of over 340 million tweets a day blue bird social network has become a working tool that at this time of the day has its first peak of the day.
3. At 6pm in the evening is the third best time to publish a new entry. It is on this prime time when the majority has returned from work and before taking a shower everyone reads their Twitter timeline.
4. Find out the Twitter prime time of other English speaking countries. In your server stats you can identify the countries from which your readers are arriving from. Also if you use a software or a special application to program and schedule your tweets try to schedule them for your prime time.
Create a network of trust with other tweeters and bloggers
1. Promote other bloggers and tweeters that have businesses and niches related to yours. Help people starting with Twitter and a blog from the zero point. The quality of the relationship will be much stronger because they will remember who helped them when nobody knew them.
2. Make yourself feel by commenting on the things you know about! Don’t be shy.. Twitter is not a place to be shy.
3. Follow people or create lists of “tweeterers” that share your own content. You don’t have to follow 1000s of users. It’s enough if you identify those that are most adapted to your own content. On one hand you can get more Twitter followers and on the other hand you get new users on your timeline that you can provide quality content to generating new ideas for your own blog or business website at the same time.
4. Asking for feedback from other bloggers that are experts on what you tweet about can easily earn you a well awarded ‘tweet’ and some well earned followers.